Great ideas for Valentine's Day in Vancouver!
February 14th means Valentine’s Day and is just around the corner. Whether you are spending the day with a special someone or getting with close friends, we give you some great ideas to express them your love & emotions.
A lot of people around the world celebrate Valentine’s Day by showing appreciation for the people they love or care. Some people take their loved ones for a romantic dinner at a restaurant while others may choose this day to propose or get married. Many people give greeting cards, chocolates, jewelry or flowers "red roses", to their partners or lovers on Valentine’s Day.
1.Illuminate Yaletown, presented by Yaletown Business Improvement Association, features light art installations, activities and entertainment, and more. It’s the perfect place to snap a cute selfie or two with a neon jungle by Hfour Productions as the backdrop. There’s also going to be an 80s arcade room hosted by Soho Billiards featuring classic games like Frogger, Pac-Man, and Galaga.Get hands-on with interactive digital art, play games with massive illuminated inflatable game pieces by Tangible Interaction, and challenge your friends in the virtual game room put on by Go2 Productions. Plus select restaurants and bars will also be honouring the 10th anniversary of the Games with unique cocktails plus screenings of the gold medal hockey game. They include West Oak, Yaletown Brewing Co., Sciué Italian Bakery Café, House Special, Robba da Matti, The Distillery Bar + Kitchen, and Banter Room, giving you plenty of options to bar hop through the event.
When: February 14 and 15, 2020 Time: 5:30 to 9 pm Where: Yaletown — 1200 Block of Hamilton Street and Bill Curtis Square (behind Yaletown-Roundhouse Station) Admission: FreeLove Matches: A Valentine’s Day All-Out Love Battle 2. Proposal at VTS/Vancouver TheatreSports
Presents an all-out comedy love battle of epic proportions on Valentine’s Day. Aphrodite, the goddess of love, and the very dapper GQpid will host improv couples duking it out in an audience-inspired competition to prove that love (and laughter) truly conquers all.The evening includes drink specials at the Neil Macrae Bar and Lounge, located inside The Improv Centre, as well as roving characters. Grab a glass of bubbly, get your ‘Heart-Chart’ read by a love astrologer, and listen to a love-sick poet who will compose personalized (and improvised) sonnets you can take home with you.Plus keep the loving feeling going with Romance Week at Vancouver Theatre Sports, running until February 15. Visitors can bring their special someone to VTS and enjoy shows over the 1o-day event: The Love of Your Life, OK Tinder, Frisky Fridays, and more. When: February 14, 2020 Time: 7:30 and 9:30 pm Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver Tickets: Online 3. Vancouver Aquarium After Hours
Pucker up for an intimate Valentine’s Day affair at the Vancouver Aquarium’s adults-only (19+) After Hours event. With a drink in one hand, your soul mate or pals in the other, get set for an otterly adorable evening. Learn about the coral sex lives of aquatic animals and another range of hot topics while you explore the Aquarium’s galleries with a drink in hand. Food and drinks will be available for purchase on-site
When: February 14, 2020 Time: 6:30 to 11 pm. VIP Entrance at 6 pm Where: Vancouver Aquarium – 845 Avison Way, Vancouver Tickets: Regular tickets are $30 for members and $38 for non-members. VIP tickets are $44 for members and $55 for non-members.
4. BeetBox’s Valentine’s Wine & “Cheese” Mingler In partnership with Blue Heron Creamery present a Valentine’s Wine & “Cheese” Mingler. Attendees can expect some welcome bubbly, amazing dairy-free cheeses, canapes, and Old-World all-vegan wine too.
When: February 14, 2020 Time: 7:30 pm Where: Beetbox — 1074 Davie Street, Vancouver Price: $25; buy online
5. Heart On Cabaret: A Night of Adults Only Puppetry
Vancouver International Puppet Festival and Axis Theatre presents an adults only puppet show. The fundraiser for VIPF and Axis features sexy puppet shenanigans, silent auction, live music, cocktails, and more.
When: February 14, 2020 Time: 8 pm Where: Performance Works – 1218 Cartwright Street, Vancouver Tickets: Online
6. Valentine’s Day at Vancouver Art Gallery Vancouver Art Gallery is staying open late for Valentine’s Day. Check out the retrospective Cindy Sherman featuring more than 170 photographs by the master of disguise. Before or after the visit, treat yourself and that special someone to a special prix-fixe menu at 1931 Gallery Bistro.
When: February 14, 2020 Time: 5 to 10 pm for gallery admission, 5 to 11 pm for Prix-Fixe Dinner at 1931 Gallery Bistro Where: Vancouver Art Gallery — 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver Tickets: Online. Free for Gallery Members and $15 for non-members.
7. The 20th Annual People’s Prom This Prom is described by organizers as an “anti-capitalist, queer, cross-dressing, gender-bending, bike-loving, slow-dancing, big-dress wearing, good time.” A fundraiser for creative resistance and direct action in the province, the event features DJs BuzyB, easy bake coven, Skylar Love, OShow and host Dust. There will also be a wheel of love, a temporary tattoo booth, photo booth, and the crowning of prom royalty.
When: February 14, 2020 Time: 8 pm Where: Imperial — 319 Main Street, Vancouver Tickets: Online
8. Classic Albums Live: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band Vancouver Symphony Orchestra’s London Drugs VSO Pops series presents a live rendition of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Hear The Beatles classic with full band and orchestra, performed exactly as it was originally recorded.
When: February 14 and 15, 2020 Time: Friday, 8 pm; Saturday, 5 pm Where: Orpheum — 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver Tickets: Online Or if you prefer to pamper yourself "Enjoy Valentine’s Day Alone":
Celebrate being hot and single, and enjoy some time to mingle. Who says that people need a companion for this one day of the year? Treat yourself to a Spa, there are good ones all over Vancouver and surrounded areas. Take a long drive and enjoy the scenery. If it’s too snowy or iced down, stay in and watch sports games or that romantic movie on cable. Some people get lucky on this day!
HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY! #valentines #valentinesday #redroses #vso #vancouveraquarium #celebratevalentinesday #february14 #thebeatles #yaletownbrewingco #vancouverartgallery #ideasforvalentinesday